- Country: Zimbabwe
- Summary: Design and Supervision Consulting Services
- ZWT Ref No: 5312812
- Deadline: 26 Feb 2016
- Competition: ICB
- Financier: African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Purchaser Ownership: -
- Tender Value: Refer Document
- Notice Type: Tender
- Document Ref. No.: AfDB38-01/16
- Purchaser's Detail :
Purchaser : BULAWAYO CITY COUNCIL
Director of Engineering Services,
The Director of Engineering Services,
Leopold Takawira Avenue/Josiah Tongogara Street,
P.O. Box 1353, BULAWAYO,
Tel: 0063-9-75011 Ext 2192,
- Description :
- Expression of Interest for the Design and Supervision Consulting Services.
1. This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for the
Bulawayo Water and Sewerage Services Improvement Project that appeared in United Nations
Development Business online No. AfDB38-01/16 of 18th
January 2016 and the Bank-s website
2. The Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ) has received grant financing from the African
Development Bank (AfDB) towards the cost of the Bulawayo Water and Sewerage Services
Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments
under the contract for Design and Supervision Services.
3. The services to be provided under the assignment include but are not limited to the following:
the Consulting Firm will be working with the project implementation team (PIT) and will
assist the project coordinator on all aspects of the project implementation. The primary areas
of responsibility include: (i) preparation and finalisation of the detail design and bidding
documents for the City of Bulawayo (CoB) under this project by following the African
Development Bank-s Procurement Rules and Procedures; (ii) provision of technical input as
required during the tendering process, evaluation and contract award as demanded by the PIT;
(iii) assist the PIT in project management, capacity building, institutional development and all
technical issues including the setting up of procedures, systems, standards, criteria and
reporting systems for the PIT and Council; and (iv) supervise the services, goods and works
contracts implementation under the project. The estimated duration of services is 36 months.
4. The Bulawayo City Council now invites eligible Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in
providing these services.
5. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the
services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions
including experience in implementation of Urban Water and Sanitation projects, availability of
appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
6. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in
accordance with the African Development Bank-s "Rules and Procedures for the use of
Consultantsâ€ (May 2008 Edition, Revised July 2012), which are available on the Bank-s
website at http://www.afdb.org.
7. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours,
from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m.to 4:00 p.m (Local Bulawayo Time).
8. Written expressions of interest must be delivered or submitted by e-mail to the addresses below
no later than February 26, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. (Local Bulawayo Time) and must specifically
mention "Expression of Interest for the Design and Supervision Consulting Servicesâ€.
Att: Director of Engineering Services
The Director of Engineering Services
Leopold Takawira Avenue/Josiah Tongogara Street
P.O. Box 1353
Telephone No.: +263-9-75011 Ext 2192
Fax No.: +263-9-65534
- Documents :
If you are registered member, kindly login to view full details of this tender notice:
CLICK HERE TO LOGIN